Atlantic Canada Equestrian Championships
Team PEI Qualifying Criteria – 2018
- One team of four riders at the 1.0 meter level. One score will be discarded. Teams of three will be accepted.
- One team of four riders at the 1.1 meter level. One score will be discarded. Teams of three will be accepted.
Declaring Intent to Compete
- Riders must submit a declaration form and a non-refundable declaration fee before the first selection competition applied.
- Riders may declare multiple horses but will only be eligible to ride one horse at the Championships.
- Riders must submit a separate form and pay a declaration fee for each horse.
- Riders may have competed in higher divisions.
- In the event of an injury or illness to a declared horse, riders may submit an alternate horse, which has achieved qualifying scores, at the discretion of the selection committee.
- All qualifying scores must be submitted to the IHC office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualifying scores will be considered from a minimum of 2 EC sanctioned Jumper competitions in NB, PEI or NS in 2018.
- A further weight will be considered for results provided from Gold show level competitions over Bronze show level.
- Please submit scores from all competitions, including those that are not sanctioned, for a complete overall picture of each competitor.
- Competition performance scores will be converted to a point system that will be used to determine overall standings and team selection.
- All qualifying scores must be completed within 30 days of the date of Championships.
Team Selection Criteria
- Scores will be evaluated but also take into account overall horse/rider suitability and sportsmanship. For better evaluation, riders should submit results from all competitions, not just qualifying scores.
- The selection committee reserves the right to consider other factors leading up to the championship to aid in overall team selection. For example, horse soundness.
- Declared riders must be a member of the Island Horse Council.
- Declared riders must be a member of either Jump PEI or PEI Hunter & Jumper Association.
Additional Information will be provided regarding schedule and timetable.
If you would like to download the Jumper Criteria file, please click on the link below.