Strathgartney Equestrian Park
The newly renovated park, located in Bonshaw, PEI is the home of Horse Trials PEI and has been leased by the provincial government for over 25 years. The park features a cross-country jump course, two full size rings with stadium jumps, plenty of excellent parking, and a canteen and washroom. Other features include…
- Complete set of stadium jumps with 40 standards, a number of filler, planks, and jumps cups.
- Cross-country jumping course with ranging levels of jumps including a large water jump.
- Two full size rings with with plank railing and steel gates as well as sand footing.
- New set of dressage fences/rails and full set of dressage lettering
- Western ‘Trail Class’ equipment (bridge, obstacles, etc.)
- Large canteen building with refrigerator and two sinks, tables
- Full service washroom
- Secretary building with tables, electricity, and loud-speaker controls.
- Two small ‘indoor’ judges stands. (one for each ring)
- Large trailer parking area with perimeter fence; separate spectator parking close to entrance.
- Easily accessible; very scenic and relatively central location on Prince Edward Island.
- A building for storage of ring materials.
- Three separate bleachers for both the lower and upper rings as well as a portion of the cross-country course.
- A built-in loud speaker system which covers a large area of the park for announcements during events.
The park can be rented for an event at a cost of $100 by phoning Deb Smith of the Strathgartney Equestrian Park Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forest Hill Trail
The Forest Hill Horse Trail is located on provincially owned land in the Forest Hill Wildlife Management Area. The trail was developed to provide a safe place for Islanders and visitors to ride. The wildlife management area is used for other activities such as fishing, hiking, and hunting. The trailhead for the Forest Hill Horse Trail is on property adjacent to the wildlife management area and owned by Island Horse Council. It has parking space for trucks with trailers, and a corral. The trailhead is connected directly to the Forest Hill Horse Trail. There are approximately 6km of trail in the three loops that can be ridden in either direction. The majority of the trail is reclaimed wood roads that provide a solid surface most of the year. For more information, visit
Brookvale Provincial Ski Park
Click here to view a map of the trails.
Please note that the property that IHC leases from the Province is in Red (on the above document) and is named the Red Rec. Trail. This trail also connects to the McKenna Rd., to the Currie Rd. to the Elliot River rd. back up to the McKenna Rd. and back to the trails to the lodge. This is a nice 7.5 mile loop takes about 3 hours at a steady walk.