This beautiful park is located in Bonshaw, PEI along the scenic West River. The land the park is on has been leased by IHC from the provincial government for over 30 years. It is the home to many of Horse Trials PEI’s yearly events as the park features the only Equine Canada certified Cross-Country course in PEI, offering five different levels for schooling and showing. The Charlottetown Pony Club host is Annual English Show at the park every year as well as testing days and clinics and Jump PEI holds their jumper shows at the park as well. The park has two full size sand rings, stadium jumps, dressage ring, western trail equipment, barrels and poles, plenty of excellent parking, and a canteen and washroom.
Fund-raising efforts are underway to enable some needed upgrades and refurbishing to take place at the park in the near future.
• Complete set of stadium jumps with 40 standards, a number of filler, planks, and jumps cups
• Cross-country jumping course with ranging levels of jumps including a large water jump
• Two full size rings with sand footing, plank railing and steel gates
• Set of dressage fences/rails and full set of dressage lettering
• Western ‘Trail Class’ equipment (bridge, obstacles, etc.)
• Large canteen building with refrigerator and two sinks, tables
• Full service washroom
• Secretary building with tables, electricity, and sound system controls.
• Two small ‘indoor’ judges stands. (one for each ring)
• Large trailer parking area with perimeter fence; separate spectator parking close to entrance
• Easily accessible just off the Trans Canada Highway
• Very scenic and relatively central location on Prince Edward Island
• Two buildings for storage of ring materials
• Three separate bleachers for both the lower and upper rings as well as a portion of the cross-country course
• A built-in loud speaker system which covers a large area of the park for announcements during events
For more information or to book the park, please contact the Strathgartney Equestrian Park Committee firstname.lastname@example.org