Atlantic Canada Equestrian Championships
Team PEI Qualifying Criteria – 2017
- One team of four riders at Entry Level. One score will be discarded. Teams of three will be accepted.
- One team of four riders at PreTraining Level. One score will be discarded. Teams of three will be accepted.
Declaring Intent to Compete
- Riders must submit a declaration form and a non-refundable declaration fee before the first selection competition is applied.
- Riders may declare multiple horses but will only be eligible to ride one horse at the Championships.
- Riders must submit a separate form and pay a declaration fee for each horse.
- Riders may not downgrade from a level with a completed score in the previous or current year.
- In the event of an injury or illness to a declared horse, riders may submit an alternate horse, which has achieved qualifying scores, at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Team is open to all ages with a minimum age of 8 years old
- All qualifying scores must be submitted to the IHC office: email@example.com
- Qualifying scores will be considered from all eventing competitions (Derby, Horse Trial, Eventing Test) with selection emphasis on EC sanctioned competitions.
- All qualifying scores are to be submitted from competitions in 2017 only.
- One qualifying score must be from a competition including the cross country element.
- Competition performance scores will be converted to a point system that will be used to determine overall standings and team selection.
- Further consideration will be given to riders successfully completing EC sanctioned Jumper and Dressage tests equivalent to Entry and Pre-Training levels.
- All qualifying scores must be completed within 30 days of the date of Championships.
Team Selection Criteria
- Scores will be evaluated to take into account overall horse/rider suitability and sportsmanship. For better evaluation, riders should submit results from all competitions, not just qualifying scores.
- The selection committee reserves the right to consider other factors leading up to the championship to aid in overall team selection. For example, horse soundness.
- Declared riders must be a member of the Island Horse Council.
- Declared riders must be a member of Horse Trials PEI.
Additional Information will be provided regarding schedule and timetable.
If you would like to download the Horse Trials Criteria file, please click on the link below.