Atlantic Canada Equestrian Championships
Team PEI Qualifying Criteria – 2017
- One team of four riders at the Trainig level. One score will be discarded. Teams of three will be accepted.
- One team of four riders at the First level. One score will be discarded. Teams of three will be accepted.
Declaring Intent to Compete
- Riders must submit a declaration form and a non-refundable declaration fee by June 1st 2017.
- Riders may declare multiple horses but will only be eligible to ride one horse at the Championships.
- Riders must submit a separate form and pay a declaration fee for each horse.
- In the event of an injury or illness to a declared horse, riders may submit an alternate horse, which has achieved qualifying scores, at the discretion of the selection committee.
- All qualifying scores must be submitted to the IHC office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualifying scores will be considered from the highest two scores from an EC sanctioned Gold, Silver or Bronze show.
- One of two qualifying scores must be obtained from an EC sanctioned competition held on PEI.
- The minimum accepted score is 55%.
- All qualifying scores must be completed within 30 days of the date of Championships.
- Qualifications are open to Juniors and Seniors.
Team Selection Criteria
- Competition performance scores will be converted to a point system that will be used to determine overall standings and team selection. For better evaluation, riders should submit results from all competitions, not just qualifying scores.
- Selection will take into account overall horse/rider suitability and sportsmanship.
- The selection committee reserves the right to consider other factors leading up to the championship to aid in overall team selection. For example, horse soundness.
- Declared riders must be a member of the Island Horse Council.
- Declared riders must be a member of Dressage PEI.
Additional Information will be provided regarding schedule and timetable.
If you would like to download the Dressage Criteria file, please click on the link below.