We are here to:
The IHC is constantly working with provincial and federal governments plus Equestrian Canada to protect and improve your equestrian interests.
Island Horse Council Programs Include:
- Learn to Ride
- Learning Workshops
- Coaching Certification
- Officials and Stewards
- Horse Welfare Support
- Long Term Development
- High Performance Clinics
- Riding Safety and Security
- Interprovincial Competitions
- Strathgartney Equestrian Park
- Gateway to International Competition
All members of the Island Horse Council receive:
- Discipline Specific Programs Including Competitions and Clinics
- Nationally and Internationally Certified Coaches and Recognized Officials
- A Comprehensive Insurance Policy
- Local, Provincial and National Level Planning and Support
- The Right to Compete in National and International Level Competitions
- Access to the Strathgartney Equestrian Park
IHC is pleased to provide insurance coverage to our individual members through our partner, Intercity Insurance Services Inc.
$5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance ($1,000 Property Damage Deductible)
Protects you, the member, if you are sued by a third party because a horse that you own or lease, ride or handle non-commercially, causes property damage or bodily injury to a third party. **Liability coverage is for non-commercial equine related activities. Some limitations and exclusions apply. Coverage is in force 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and covers the member (Canadian resident) anywhere in the world. (Exclusions apply for members who are non-Canadian residents).
$30,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
Covering you, the member, should you suffer a catastrophic injury, dismemberment or death arising from equine related activities. (Under the age of 90 and only available to Canadian Residents)
Our membership is growing, and benefits to our members continue to expand.
Become an Island Horse Council member today, it’s easy, and simply the right thing to do for responsible equestrian enthusiasts.
Click Here to view the IHC Administrative and Program Costs per Member