Attention to all Members of the Island Horse Council: The Island Horse Council Board of Directors calls a Special Meeting to be held on Thursday, October 13th at 7:00pm to discuss changes to the constitution as proposed by the board. Please refer to the agenda as attached. Please contact Florine Proud at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the current constitution and the proposed constitution in advance of the meeting.
Island Horse Council Special Meeting
October 13, 2016, 7 – 9 p.m.
EQUINE CANADA WESTERN COACHING CERTIFICATION COURSE
Sponsored by Island Horse Council and PEI Health and Wellness
A meeting will be held on Tuesday May 24 at the House of Sport (old P.V.I.) room 212, at 7 p.m.
The purpose of this meeting is to clearly outline to all those interested in becoming a Certified Coach:
- Details of all requirements necessary, which will be covered during the course.
- Requirements necessary to participate in this Course.
- Course Schedule leading up to Coaching Evaluation to be held early fall.
Horse Day is coming!! On Saturday, June 4 from 10-4, IHC will be holding our Horse Day event at Strathgartney Equestrian Park. There will be demos, vendor and barn booths, educational booths and a coloring contest station, as well as many other fun items honouring all types of horse sport and activities.
Please join us in our first annual Horse Day event! If you would like to be a part of Horse Day, please message us for details.
About Horse Day
- You may or may not be aware that in order to participate in any equestrian events hosted by any one of our 12 member clubs, you must be a Member of Island Horse Council by purchasing the $35.00 IHC Membership.
- ALL IHC Memberships follow the calendar year, so please ensure that you are covered and don't let your Membership lapse.
- You the member are responsible for your card and may be asked for proof of membership at ANY one of the shows, therefore it is advised to carry your card or copies of your card with you at all times.
There will be an information meeting held September 7 at the House of Sport at 7pm for EC English Coaching Program and Coaches Clinic being help Sept 10. All prospective coaches must attend in order to gauge interest in the program for 2016.
IHC will be placing an order via Equine Canada on Wednesday, July 6. Anyone looking to order Learn To Ride or Stable Management Manuals, Coaching Materials or Workbooks, please let us know.
The cost is the same as ordering from EC, but IHC keeps a very small portion of the proceeds to help support our coaching and learn to ride programs.
Contact Amy at email@example.com if you would like to place an order, can be paid via paypal, credit or visa debit directly to EC. Or private message us on FB.
IHC is looking for Coaches! If you are interested in knowing more about the EC Certified Coaching Program, where you may fit in, and what you require to become certified, please let us know!
IHC will be subsidizing and providing an inclusive coaching program for both English and Western disciplines, but we need to know who our candidates are in order to better plan and facilitate these sessions. Potential time frame could lead to evaluations and certifications between fall and year end 2016 depending on candidates.